Posted by Memoirs Of A Yoruba Girl
Coconut oil is the best make up remover I have ever used, ever. It literally dissolves and breaks down the makeup and lifts it off your face. Looking at common make up items a lot of them contain oil and as we all well know water doesn’t dissolve oil, but oil dissolves oil, hence why coconut oil is such a good make up remover. Although coconut oil is my preference, I have used olive oil which worked just as well.
How to use oil to remove your make-up
You will need
- Coconut oil
- baby wipes/ make up wipes
- Skin cleanser
1. Add some oil around your face, you want all of your face to be coated but not dripping with oil
2. Gently work the oil into the face, not forgetting the eyebrows, eyelashes and lips. Rub the oil in circular motions.
3. You should notice the oil on your face should begin to discolour, especially around your eyes (you may look like a panda when you are done 🐼)
4. Wipe off the make up and oil from your face using the wipe. Most (if not all) the makeup on your face should be gone by this point.
5. Proceed to wash your face as normal
This is a technique I use and would recommend to you too.
Try it and let me know how it goes.
Until next time
Memoirs Of A Yoruba Girl
Posted in All Things Natural
Tags: Africa, Benin, coconut, coconut oil, delta, emulsify, emulsifying, eyebrow pencil, foundation, hausa, igbo, ijebu, itshekiri, make up, make up removal, makeup removal, mascara, memoirs of a yoruba girl, natural, natural makeup remover, nigeria, oil, skin, skincare, yoruba girl, your basket