I’m Inspired, Now Its Your Turn
I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of motivational talks in your lifetime and I don’t by any means consider myself a motivational speaker. However I would like to share some words of wisdom I (try to) live by.
1. Life is short, do what you love – this is something I am working on personally. It doesn’t mean you have to make money off of it, if you are passionate about it (and it’s legal) I say go for it. Even if it’s weird. The worst that can happen is that you fail. If you fail, you won’t die.
2.Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet here, all you have is now – it’s time to let go of the past. The regrets we wish we could rewind and change. The opportunities we wish we took. The grades we wish we got. The people we wish we met. I think we can be complacent because we feel we have loads of time. A big big wake up call is that people your age and younger than you pass on all the time. Everyday is a gift and tomorrow isn’t promised. Don’t leave till tomorrow what you can do today.
3. If you never ask, you never get – the worst thing that can happen if you ask is that a person says no or a place turns you down. You may even find they say yes. But the answer will always be a definite no if you never ask.
4. The worst thing that can happen is that you fail….You won’t die.
5. Life gets exciting when you challenge yourself and step outside of your comfort zone.
6. Sometimes you have to motivate yourself and then motivate yourself again – sometimes people may just not see what you see so can’t support what your doing. You may have to be your own cheerleader sometimes.
7. God meets us at the point of taking action – we pray and then we act. “Faith without works is dead”. That means if its in God’s will and you’ve prayed it through, step out and God will meet you there as you take action.
8. The people we look up to, the products we can’t live without all came from someone taking a step out of their comfort zone – who knows what you have to offer the world?
9. Procrastination steals from you and can eventually kill you – procrastination is an enemy because it steals your time. Time is priceless because you can never get it back …. Ever.
I hope these thoughts have encouraged you to step out and make this the year you change your life. I’ll come back and check these when I get demotivated and I hope you’ll do the same.
Until Next Time
Memoirs Of A Yoruba Girl
Posted on February 17, 2014, in The Randomers and tagged achieving, achieving goals, demotivated, encourage, encouragement, fulani, happy New year, hausa, I can do it, I will do it, igbo, making a change, meeting targets, motivate, motivate me, motivated, motivation, New year New you, New year's resolutions, nigeria, resolutions, west Africa, yoruba, yoruba girl. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.